Tuesday, May 13, 2014

August-Sept Sew-It...today New Project

I really like working with the people at Sew-It...today magazine.  Recently they asked me to submit another project for the August-September issue.
I made a kitchen project for the magazine.  Picking out fabrics for my projects is one of my favorite parts of any design.
I like to bind smaller projects by machine and  keep my hand binding for larger quilts. 
I can't show you my finished items yet but I will post about it sometime in July.  That isn't very far away.  We are sliding into summer soon.
I also made some scrappy binding while working on this project.  I have several quilts made with scrappy binding.  It is just a little more time consuming, but I love the outcome, so it is worth it.

Here is proof that I'm actually sewing.

-nanette

10 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I am so happy you are sewing again! I look forward to the magazine.

Cynthia said...

Looks like a really cute project, and how fun to be featured in a magazine!

Thimbleanna said...

YAY -- you're sewing! I'm so happy you've managed to find a little time for YOU. I can't wait to see your projects!

Muddling Through said...

Nanette, you make everything look good - even little sneaky peeks!

Jody M said...

I always look forward to your sewing! And you never disappoint. I like that waffle muslin - haven't been able to find any lately.

Valerie Reynolds said...

Me too....always inspired by your creative work. Will watch for the aug/sept issue:)

Des said...

I was just cursing binding the other day and here you are persevering through it. You, pioneer woman, you.

I love little kitchen quilty projects. Can't wait to see the bigger picture!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those are cute, I drop in now and then, lost your blog address for awhile and then saw Nedra post a link so I am looking through your posts to catch up - hope all is well with you.

Kamao Poot said...

Find best Home based Business without any work, just invest and rest with your profit
EarningsClub.com

Kamao Poot said...

Get Hourly profit for 200 hours on every hour without any risk and without any work, best business plans ever
AllTimeProfit.com